You can Connect two computers with different OS like Xp and windows 7 or windows vista computers. You do not need of any networking device like router for connecting two computers. It is possible by using Ethernet cable.
(2) LAN card or Network card or Ethernet card (only for old computer)
LAN card is available on all new computers and laptops. So you do not weary about it. If you use vary old computer than use NETWORK ADAPTER. Network adapter is used for converting USB port to LAN port. You purchase only network card from any computer store or any online store.
Connect two computers with different OS
First step of connecting computers with diffident OS is Make common workgroup name for both OS
how to change workgroup name WinXP
- go to My Computer Icon
- Right Click and Click on “Properties” icon
- workgroup name in Computer Name Tab check (by Default name MSHOME)
- click on change button to rename it as you want . Suppose you choose workgrup name INTERNET in winwows Xp
How to change work group name in windows 7 or windows vista
- Now go to search program of windows-7 or Windows vista operating system.
- Write “workgroup” on search program
- Click to “change workgroup name”
- You should remember that both computer workgroup name must be same.
- Change work group name INTERNET. ”Click to OK” button
- Restart your computers
- Open Control Panel
- click to Network & Sharing Center
- Change advanced sharing settings” left side within screen.
- Turn on Network Discovery
- File & printer sharing and Public sharing
- Turn off password protected sharing
- In File sharing connections, click on file sharing devices
- Now Run Home Network wizard in Win-XP